Teeth Whitening Minnetonka
Mar 14, 2019
Posted by : dbdadmin
Top 10 Factors to take into account before teeth whitening
The demand for a beautiful smile is getting higher nowadays. And there comes the role of cosmetic dentistry to create the best smile that enhances your beauty. At Dentistry By Design (Minnetonka Dental
) we provide cosmetic dentistry treatments to improve a person’s looks with the help of teeth whitening, veneers, and lumineers. Here are some of the important facts about tooth whitening for you:
- There are many factors that influence the whiteness of your teeth. Smoking, as well as some food and drinks such as tea, coffee, and red wine, can stain your teeth over time
- Remove plaque by regular brushing and flossing. Plague hardens to form calculus/tartar which can influence the color of your teeth.
- Some tiny cracks in the teeth can absorb stains. This will cause staining under the surface.
- One fact is, the natural color of an individual’s teeth are set at birth. The whitening product helps to remove all the stains that have accumulated over time.
- Hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide is used as the bleaching agent for tooth whitening and can lighten your teeth.
- The effects of whitening can last up to three years. But it may vary from person-to-person. Whitening will not last for long if you intake strong colored foods or drinks or smoke. So taking care of your teeth after whitening is important.
- Don’t get your teeth whitened by beauticians, or in whitening kiosks. It could expose your teeth to dangerous products that can cause several side effects.
- Tooth whitening can cause significant long-term damage if it’s done incorrectly.
- Tooth whitening can’t be used to remove deep stains. It can only lighten your existing tooth color.
- Don’t risk yourself by doing teeth whitening under unqualified persons. It can lead to severe chemical burns, permanent scarring and in extreme cases, affect the ability to eat and even breath.
Don’t forget these notes:
Avoid purchasing tooth whitening products from abroad. You might get products at a very feasible rate, but it’s difficult to guarantee the product ingredients and the quality of the product. Always check with your dentist to avoid the risk of worrying about the teeth whitening products that don’t maintain standards. When it comes to tooth whitening, there really isn’t a better source of information than your dentist. Dentists are qualified and licensed to perform the teeth whitening treatment. So, your dentist is the first and last word in teeth whitening. Visit Dentistry By Design for the best teeth whitening in Minnetonka.